Product DetailsThis Silver American Eagle contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver and appeals to collectors and investors alike as a sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government and manufactured by the U.S. Mint.
Although the U.S. Mint does not sell bullion coins directly to the public, they do distribute their coins to a handful of authorized purchasers, like APMEX, who sell the coins to the public.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Multiples of 20 are packaged in plastic tubes. Multiples of 500 are packaged in Monster Boxes. All other Silver Eagle coins will be in protective packaging.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Features a design of Lady Liberty by Adolph A. Weinman that shows her wrapped in an American flag and walking gracefully as the sun rises.
- Type 1 reverse, used from 1986-2021, displays a majestic eagle underneath 13 small stars that represent the original colonies. The Type 2 reverse, first introduced in 2021, shows an eagle coming in for a landing, carrying an oak branch to add to its nest.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
- Made by the U.S. Mint.