Product DetailsEach Silver War Nickel $50 Face Value Bag contains coins with a composition of 35% Silver, 56% copper and 9% manganese.
- This $50.00 face value bag contains 1,000 War Nickels.
- Each $1.00 face value worth of War Nickels (20 coins) contains approximately 1.125 oz of Silver for a total weight of roughly 56.25 oz of Silver.
- Coins will be delivered in a canvas bag.
- These 35% Silver composition nickels were made from 1942 through 1945 as an emergency measure to alleviate the wartime shortage of nickel.
- The mint mark “P” for the Philadelphia mint was used for the first time in American coinage history.